Who we are
We are an innovative and dynamic health tech startup focused on providing tech-enabled integrated care for patients with heart failure.
We believe that by implementing cutting edge heart science on top of a modern data platform we can create revolutionary solutions that improve healthcare outcomes.
What we are building
At the forefront of health tech innovation, we improve the lives of patients with Heart Failure
We are developing a Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) platform, tailored to enhance care for patients with heart disease by delivering crucial insights.
Our data platform, hosted on AWS cloud, seamlessly ingests real-time data from a variety of wearable devices. Utilizing state-of-the-art Data Science and Machine Learning techniques, we analyze and compute key metrics and insights that are essential tools for informed decision-making by healthcare professionals.
The results generated by our data pipeline are translated into user-friendly dashboards, web applications, and mobile apps, providing access for patients, physicians, and caregivers.
Our Engineering Vision
We are a small distributed engineering team building the Prolaio platform on AWS.
We are proud of our software that is built on robust foundations:
- Modular and evolutive architecture
- Clean code
- Comprehensive automation: from Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as Code, to continuous deployments
- Baked-In observability and compliance
If you are passionate about healthcare and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, we’d love to hear from you!
What We Offer
- A collaborative and supportive work environment fueled by science
- Flexible working hours and competitive benefits package
- The opportunity to make a real impact on the healthcare industry
At Prolaio, our SaMD (Software as Medical Device) relies on a robust data pipeline to transform patient data into actionable insights. Those data are then displayed through our different web apps and mobile app in development.
The source of the raw data is our mobile application that connects to the different wearable devices and also collects data directly from the patient.
We are seeking an experienced Android Mobile App Engineer to join our engineering team.
If you're a passionate engineer with a keen interest in healthcare, in this role, you will lead the work on our existing Patient Android app, wearable devices, automation and security.
You will collaborate closely with the team, leveraging your knowledge and experience to streamline our operations and help us improve the existing app for our patients.
Android Patient App
You will progressively take ownership of our existing Android app based on Kotlin and Jetpack.
Our roadmap include several improvements of our current Mobile App:
- integrate more wearable devices leveraging the Bluetooth/Bluetooth-LE interfaces
- EKG devices
- improve the user experience and display more data to the patient
- define a multi-os strategy
We currently use GitHub Action to run the build & package the Android app and use AirDroid to deploy on our fleet of devices.
You will progressively take over the CI and work with our DevOps team to streamline and fully automate the build/package/deploy pipeline.
You will have to handle in a near future the different stores deployment (PlayStore as a first exercise)
Monitoring, Security and Compliance
We are currently leveraging DataDog (and custom metrics) to monitor our infrastructure and our code.
You will establish a strategy to have End-to-end visibility into user journeys as well as collecting logs and issues.
- Hands-on knowledge of Android (Kotlin/Jetpack)
- Proficient understanding of IOT and Bluetooth / Bluetooth LE technologies
- Knowledge of security principles, and secure coding practices
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and an analytical mind
- Experience with iOS or cross platform development
- Experience in GitHub Actions
- Experience React Native